Now, just what you've been waiting for, part deux of the Wandering Eye Gay Primer: A completely random list of my favorite gay-ish books....also known as Ten (plus one) Books I've Kept on My Bookshelf Because I Could Read Them Over and Over and Over Again...
1. The Immoralist by Andre Gide
2. Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin
3. Music for Chameleons by Truman Capote
4. The Hours by Michael Cunningham
5. The Other Persuasion edited by Seymour Kleinberg
6. The Carnivorous Lamb by Agustin Gomez-Arcos
7. A Boy Named Phyllis by Frank Decaro
8. Our Lady of the Flowers by Jean Genet
9. Barrel Fever by David Sedaris
10. Hornito: My Lie Life by Mike Albo
11. Firebird by Mark Doty
And now a word from our sponsor: In revisiting these favorites, I realize that my good friend (and former college prof) John Garrett introduced me to both Gide and Genet....two authors whose books I had mad-intensive, mind altering love affairs with so I want to say a faraway THANK YOU to John Garrett!